from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Soddy, Frederick 1877-1956. British chemist. He won a 1921 Nobel Prize for investigations into the origin and nature of isotopes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of sod; covered with sod; turfy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of sod; covered with sod; turfy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a house built of sod or adobe laid in horizontal courses
- n. English chemist whose work on radioactive disintegration led to the discovery of isotopes (1877-1956)
Sorry, no etymologies found.