from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Spender, Sir Stephen Harold 1909-1995. British writer whose poetry reflects personal emotional responses to social and political injustices. His works include the collection The Still Center (1939) and Generous Days (1971).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who spends; esp., one who spends lavishly; a prodigal; a spendthrift.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which spends or wastes; used absolutely, a spendthrift.
- n. In leaching, the pit in which the bark is leached.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who spends money prodigally
- n. someone who spends money to purchase goods or services
- n. English poet and critic (1909-1995)
Sorry, no etymologies found.