from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Spenser, Edmund 1552?-1599. English poet known chiefly for his allegorical epic romance The Faerie Queene (1590-1596). His other works include the pastoral Shepeardes Calendar (1579) and the lyrical marriage poem Epithalamion (1595).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname, a rare spelling variant of Spencer.
- proper n. Edmund Spenser, English poet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A steward or butler; a dispenser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English poet who wrote an allegorical romance celebrating Elizabeth I in the Spenserian stanza (1552-1599)
Sorry, no etymologies found.