American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A city of southern California, a residential suburb in the Los Angeles-Long Beach metropolitan area. Population: 37,600.
- Stanton, Edwin McMasters 1814-1869. American public official who served as U.S. secretary of war (1862-1868). His dismissal by President Andrew Johnson and his subsequent refusal to leave office precipitated the impeachment of Johnson.
- Stanton, Elizabeth Cady 1815-1902. American feminist and social reformer. She helped organize the first women's rights convention, held in Seneca Falls, New York (1848), for which she wrote a Declaration of Sentiments calling for the reform of discriminatory practices that perpetuated sexual inequality.
- n. Any of several placenames in England from Saxon words meaning stone and enclosure
- n. A habitational surname from either of these places
“STANTON - The Redevelopment Agency could adopt a resolution that would designate the entire city of Stanton as an economic recovery zone at its joint meeting with the City Council at”
“Repo Man (1984) - Harry Dean Stanton is probably the best part of this Western and Noir-inlfuenced, punk-tinged cult classic from writer/director Alex Cox, a man so enamored with “The Searchers,” he recently made “Searchers 2.0.””
“The Supreme Court in Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co. added that the “Sixteenth Amendment conferred no new power of taxation but simply prohibited the previous complete and plenary power of income taxation possessed by Congress from the beginning from being taken out of the category of indirect taxation to which it inherently belonged.””
“To give that to Lasseter and not Stanton is a crime.”
“Damn, Arch Stanton is too hardcore for this website.”
“The news that Pixar would be adapting Edgar Rice Burroughs 'classic sci-fi series John Carter of Mars has been out since last year, but only recently has it been confirmed that Andrew Stanton is writing the adaptation.”
“Early last week we first reported that Pixar's Andrew Stanton is officially writing an adaptation of the classic John Carter of Mars sci-fi series of novels written by Edgar Rice Burroughs.”
“Stanton is an absolutely brilliant filmmaker and I've got high hopes for his adaptation of John Carter of Mars as well.”
“Once you'll watch this one you'll be able to see that Stanton is as big of a geek as anyone who works at Pixar and I think that really shines through in Wall-E.”
“Stanton is a big-time collaborator with Director David Lynch and they had to have shared a few mano-a-mano embraces.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Stanton’.
"Nebraska established a county-coding system for its passenger plates in 1922. These one- or two-digit prefixes were assigned based on the number of registered vehicles per county in that year. In ...
Looking for tweets for Stanton.