from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Starr, Belle Originally Myra Belle Shirley. 1848-1889. American outlaw whose Oklahoma cabin became a hideout for fugitives from justice. Tales of her criminal exploits are largely unsubstantiated.
- Starr, Bryan Bartlett Known as "Bart.” Born 1934. American football player and coach. As quarterback for the Green Bay Packers (1956-1971), he led his team to five National Football League titles and victories in the first two Super Bowls.
- Starr, Ringo Originally Richard Starkey. Born 1940. British musician who was the colorful drummer of the Beatles (1962-1970).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of stare.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940)
Sorry, no etymologies found.