from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Stewart, Henry See Lord Darnley.
- Stewart, James Maitland Known as "Jimmy.” 1908-1997. American actor known for his portrayals of incorruptible and modest heroes in motion pictures such as Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939) and It's a Wonderful Life (1946). He won an Academy Award for The Philadelphia Story (1940).
- Stewart, Potter 1915-1985. American jurist who served as an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (1958-1981).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of steward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Scottish philosopher and follower of Thomas Reid (1753-1828)
- n. United States film actor who portrayed incorruptible but modest heros (1908-1997)
From steward. (Wiktionary)