American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Sullivan, Anne Mansfield 1866-1936. American educator. Visually impaired herself, she was the teacher and lifelong companion of Helen Keller.
- Sullivan, Sir Arthur Seymour 1842-1900. British composer known for a series of comic operas, including H.M.S. Pinafore (1878) and The Gondoliers (1889), written with the lyricist W.S. Gilbert.
- Sullivan, Edward Vincent Known as "Ed.” 1902-1974. American columnist and host of The Ed Sullivan Show (1948-1971), a television variety show.
- Sullivan, Harry Stack 1892-1949. American psychiatrist who theorized that personality is largely determined by one's interpersonal relations and the assimilation of societal values.
- Sullivan, John Lawrence 1858-1918. American prizefighter who was the heavyweight champion from 1882 to 1892. In 1889 he fought the last bare-knuckles title bout.
- Sullivan, Louis Henry or Henri 1856-1924. American architect known for his early steel-frame designs for skyscrapers and for his influential dictum "Form follows function.”
- n. A surname of Irish origin.
- n. United States host on a well known television variety show (1902-1974)
- n. United States educator who was the teacher and lifelong companion of Helen Keller (1866-1936)
- n. English composer of operettas who collaborated with the librettist William Gilbert (1842-1900)
- n. United States psychiatrist (1892-1949)
- n. United States architect known for his steel framed skyscrapers and for coining the phrase `form follows function' (1856-1924)
“SULLIVAN - After 105 years, Illinois Masons have sold the former Illinois Masonic Home east of Sullivan to a private nursing home firm.”
“EDWARD SULLIVAN: The other public integrity trial attorney in the case, Sullivan has been part of the trial team that won convictions of several Alaska lawmakers caught up in the corruption scandal.”
“PARK RIDGE GILBERT AND SULLIVAN SOCIETY (Gilbert and Sullivan, The Gondoliers).”
“IIRC, Andrew Sullivan is a naturalized US citizen.”
“When you keep repeating that it does, so! matter that Sullivan is here on a temporary visa because he cannot get permanent residency, you are agreeing with my point, you knucklehead.”
“Ben Sullivan is a homicide detective with multiple personality disorder.”
“With my community in Sullivan County, NY slated for a massive drilling operation as soon as the spring of 2011, I knew I had to stand up Rove and his billionaire donors.”
‘Sullivan’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Sullivan.