from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Thackeray, William Makepeace 1811-1863. British writer whose novels, including Vanity Fair (1847-1848), explore the ethical and social pretensions of largely amoral Victorian characters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An English habitational surname from a place in Yorkshire
- proper n. William Makepeace Thackeray English novelist
- proper n. Bal Thackeray, Indian politician
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English writer (born in India) (1811-1863)
Sorry, no etymologies found.