from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Thatcher, Margaret Hilda. Baroness. Born 1925. British Conservative politician who served as prime minister (1979-1990). Her administration was marked by anti-inflationary measures, a brief war in the Falkland Islands (1982), and the passage of a poll tax.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An occupational surname for someone who covered roofs in straw.
- proper n. Margaret Thatcher, British Prime Minister
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who thatches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose occupation is to thatch houses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. British stateswoman; first woman to serve as Prime Minister (born in 1925)
- n. someone skilled in making a roof from plant stalks or foliage
Sorry, no etymologies found.