from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of north-central Colorado, a suburb of Denver. Population: 109,000.
- Thornton, William 1759-1828. American architect of the original design of the U.S. Capitol (1792). He was also the first superintendent of the U.S. Patent Office (1802-1828).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of several placenames in England and Scotland.
- proper n. An English and Scottish habitational surname from these places.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American architect (1759-1828)
Old English þorn ("thorn") + tūn ("settlement") (Wiktionary)