from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of west-central California south-southwest of Stockton. It is a food-processing center. Population: 80,300.
- Tracy, Spencer 1900-1967. American actor known for his film partnership with Katharine Hepburn and for his Academy Award-winning performances in Captains Courageous (1937) and Boys Town (1938).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name, occasional transferred use of the surname since the nineteenth century.
- proper n. A female given name popular in the 1960s and 1970s.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States film actor who appeared in many films with Katharine Hepburn (1900-1967)
A Norman baronial surname from places in France, derived from a Gallo-Roman given name Thracius [?], referring to Thrace and the Celtic suffix *-āko (place, property). As a female given name it is also a diminutive of Theresa. (Wiktionary)