from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Trollope, Anthony 1815-1882. British novelist. His novels set in the imaginary county of Barsetshire include Barchester Towers (1857) and Framley Parsonage (1861).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A habitational surname derived from a place name in England.
- proper n. Anthony Trollope 1815-1882, English novelist.
- proper n. Frances Trollope 1780-1863, English writer.
- proper n. Joanna Trollope 1943-, English novelist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English writer of novels (1815-1882)
Sorry, no etymologies found.