from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Trumbull 1, John 1750-1831. American poet noted for his satirical works, including The Progress of Dulness (1772-1773).
- Trumbull 2, John 1756-1843. American painter of historical scenes, such as The Battle of Bunker's Hill (1786) and The Declaration of Independence (1786-1797).
- Trumbull, Jonathan 1710-1785. American politician. As governor of Connecticut (1769-1784) he provided supplies and support for the Continental Army during the American Revolution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American satirical poet (1750-1831)
- n. American Revolutionary leader who as governor of Connecticut provided supplies for the Continental Army (1710-1785)
- n. American painter of historical scenes (1756-1843)
Sorry, no etymologies found.