from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Vaughan, Henry Known as "the Silurist.” 1622-1695. Welsh metaphysical poet whose works include Silex Scintillans (1650-1655).
- Vaughan, Sarah 1924-1990. American jazz singer known for her complex bebop phrasing and her scat-singing virtuosity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A city in Ontario, Canada.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States jazz singer noted for her complex bebop phrasing and scat singing (1924-1990)
An intervention such as a communication campaign will have greater effects near the top of the hierarchy, as knowledge is easier to change than is bringing about behavior change, at least in the relatively short term Vaughan and Rogers, 2000.
Write to Martin Vaughan at martin. firstname.lastname@example.org
After touring homes in Vaughan that suffered severe structural damage during Thursday's storm, Canada's Public Safety Minister Peter Van Loan said doling out financial aid is not a political decision but rather the result of a "complex mathematical formula."
Greg Vaughan is Lucky in my book and always will be.
Vaughan is very prescriptive and rule oriented, basing conversations around a very set core system.
Vaughan is best known for the critically acclaimed Y: The Last Man Series and various other comic books including Runaways.
Vaughan is an incredible writer, also known for various other comic books including Runaways.
RM Vaughan is a Toronto-based writer and video artist originally from New Brunswick.
Jaded telepath, Jeff Vaughan, is employed by the spaceport authorities to monitor incoming craft from the stars.
Jeff Vaughan is a telepath working for a security company in Bengal Station, an interstellar port based near India and Thailand.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.