from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Vaughan, Henry Known as "the Silurist.” 1622-1695. Welsh metaphysical poet whose works include Silex Scintillans (1650-1655).
- Vaughan, Sarah 1924-1990. American jazz singer known for her complex bebop phrasing and her scat-singing virtuosity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. A city in Ontario, Canada.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States jazz singer noted for her complex bebop phrasing and scat singing (1924-1990)
Welsh Vychan, from bychan, diminutive of bach ("little"). (Wiktionary)