from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Veronese, Paolo Originally Paolo Caliari. 1528-1588. Italian painter of the Venetian school. His large, richly colored, harmonious works include Rape of Europa (1576).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the city of Verona.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Verona, in Italy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geography, of or pertaining to Verona, a city and province of northern Italy.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Verona.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Italian painter of the Venetian school (1528-1588)
Sorry, no etymologies found.