from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Wagner, Richard 1813-1883. German composer known especially for his romantic operas, often based on Germanic legends. Among his works are Tannhäuser (1845) and the tetralogy Der Ring des Nibelungen (1853-1874).
- Wagner, Robert Ferdinand 1877-1953. German-born American politician. A U.S. senator from New York (1927-1949), he sponsored important social legislation during Franklin D. Roosevelt's administration, most notably the National Labor Relations Act (1935).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname of German origin. Widely known as the surname of the German composer Richard Wagner (1813-1883).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German composer of operas and inventor of the musical drama in which drama and spectacle and music are fused (1813-1883)
- n. Austrian architect and pioneer of modern architecture (1841-1918)
- n. the music of Wagner
WILLOW ON WAGNER 1519 Wagner, Glenview: Restaurant and bar.
SCOUTING THE SPECIAL TEAMS: Senior placekicker Collin Wagner is reliable from short to intermediate range, and there are plenty of weapons in the return game, but the rest of Penn State's special teams is unsettled.
I'm delighted to see Adrian Hyland's excellent Diamond Dove at the top of the list ( "local" category), and that another of my 2007 favourites, Ice Moon by Jan Costin Wagner, is there.
Cleveland activated rookie Dajuan Wagner from the injured list, but Wagner is unlikely to see action for another week as he recovers from surgery necessitated by a blood clot near his bladder.
Erica Wagner is an astute and gifted writer, and the prose is beautifully wrought in places.
Mary Wagner is being held in the same centre as Linda Gibbons.
Two are outstanding: A five-light electrolier of 1904, with pendant lanterns suspended from a helmet-like framework of hammered iron bands, would be at home in Wagner's Valhalla.
Wagner is a key part of the move from the 3-3-5 to 4-3 defense.
George Wagner is the co-founder and President of Wind Harvest International, and is a co-founder and former president of the California League of Conservation Voters.
Wagner is an "extensively experienced" military and police veteran, by his own account.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.