from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Walter, Bruno 1876-1962. German conductor noted for his interpretations of Mozart and Mahler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To roll or wallow; to welter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To roll: welter.
- To waver; totter; be unsteady; hence, to fall, or be overturned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German conductor (1876-1962)
Germanic wald "rule" + heri, hari "army". (Wiktionary)