American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A town of northern New Jersey west of Paterson. It is a manufacturing center. Population: 54,800.
- Wayne, Anthony Called "Mad Anthony.” 1745-1796. American Revolutionary general who was involved in numerous campaigns, including the Battles of Brandywine (1777) and Monmouth (1778). His seizure of Stony Point, a British defense post (1779), displayed the tactical audacity that gave rise to his nickname.
- Wayne, John Known as "Duke.” 1907-1979. American film actor who played tough heroes in Westerns such as Stagecoach (1939), Red River (1948), and True Grit (1969), for which he won an Academy Award.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of wain.
- n. American general during the American Revolution (1745-1796)
- n. United States film actor who played tough heroes (1907-1979)
- An occupational surname for a cartwright , Old English wægen ("waggon"). (Wiktionary)
“Wayne -- _Wayne_ -- just because he had been kind in helping her get a start.”
“WAYNE -- Law Enforcement officials are rounding-up fugitives in Wayne”
“WAYNE - A Wayne family has benefited from having one of the "messiest homes in the country," winning an all-expenses-paid redecoration on "Clean House," a makeover and interior design show on the Style Network.”
“WAYNE 58, BUFFALO 57: Derrick White's basket with 35 seconds left broke a tie and gave Wayne a two-point lead, and the Pioneers held on for a victory at Buffalo.”
“- WAYNE, NEW JERSEY - ON MONDAY, JANUARY 19th, ON THE MARTIN LUTHER KING NATIONAL HOLIDAY, we ask you to join with us for a candlelight vigil at the Lakeland Unitarian Fellowship from 4: 30 to 6: 30 at the church at 231 Parish Drive in Wayne, NJ 07470-6010.”
“WAYNE - Keith Champagne made sure Clifton left Wayne victorious tonight.”
“WAYNE - Julie Hanaford, daughter of Bruce and Patricia Hanaford of Holden, Mass., and Bryan Hermanny, son of Peter and Deborah Hermanny of Wayne, were married Sept. 20, 2008 at The Brookside Club on Cape Cod.”
“•Wide receiver: Reggie Wayne is Manning's go-to guy with Marvin Harrison gone.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Wayne’.
Place names, landmarks, famous residents, "-isms," etc.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Inspired by "Hottest Guys Names: A list by fjf."
"Nebraska established a county-coding system for its passenger plates in 1922. These one- or two-digit prefixes were assigned based on the number of registered vehicles per county in that year. In ...
Looking for tweets for Wayne.