from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A town of northern New Jersey west of Paterson. It is a manufacturing center. Population: 54,800.
- Wayne, Anthony Called "Mad Anthony.” 1745-1796. American Revolutionary general who was involved in numerous campaigns, including the Battles of Brandywine (1777) and Monmouth (1778). His seizure of Stony Point, a British defense post (1779), displayed the tactical audacity that gave rise to his nickname.
- Wayne, John Known as "Duke.” 1907-1979. American film actor who played tough heroes in Westerns such as Stagecoach (1939), Red River (1948), and True Grit (1969), for which he won an Academy Award.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of wain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American general during the American Revolution (1745-1796)
- n. United States film actor who played tough heroes (1907-1979)
Wayne -- _Wayne_ -- just because he had been kind in helping her get a start.
WAYNE -- Law Enforcement officials are rounding-up fugitives in Wayne
WAYNE - A Wayne family has benefited from having one of the "messiest homes in the country," winning an all-expenses-paid redecoration on "Clean House," a makeover and interior design show on the Style Network.
WAYNE 58, BUFFALO 57: Derrick White's basket with 35 seconds left broke a tie and gave Wayne a two-point lead, and the Pioneers held on for a victory at Buffalo.
- WAYNE, NEW JERSEY - ON MONDAY, JANUARY 19th, ON THE MARTIN LUTHER KING NATIONAL HOLIDAY, we ask you to join with us for a candlelight vigil at the Lakeland Unitarian Fellowship from 4: 30 to 6: 30 at the church at 231 Parish Drive in Wayne, NJ 07470-6010.
WAYNE -- Businesses in and around Builder's Supply and the Wal-Mart Plaza on U.S. 152 in Wayne were evacuated for about half an hour after a vehicle struck a natural gas line about 4 p.m.
WAYNE -- For the last decade, either Wayne or Bluefield has been a fixture in the Class AA championship at Wheeling Island Stadium.
WAYNE - Keith Champagne made sure Clifton left Wayne victorious tonight.
WAYNE - Julie Hanaford, daughter of Bruce and Patricia Hanaford of Holden, Mass., and Bryan Hermanny, son of Peter and Deborah Hermanny of Wayne, were married Sept. 20, 2008 at The Brookside Club on Cape Cod.
•Wide receiver: Reggie Wayne is Manning's go-to guy with Marvin Harrison gone.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.