from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Weber, Ernst Heinrich 1795-1878. German physiologist and psychologist who studied sensory response and is considered a founder of experimental psychology.
- Weber, Baron Karl Maria Friedrich Ernst von 1786-1826. German composer who is considered the founder of German romantic opera. His works include Der Freischütz (1821).
- Weber 1, Max 1864-1920. German sociologist and a pioneer of the modern analytical method of sociology. His works include The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism (1904-1905).
- Weber 2, Max 1881-1961. Russian-born American painter whose abstract works helped introduce the European avant-garde movements of the early 20th century to American art.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A occupational surname.
Martin Weber for The Wall Street Journal Guests can suit up in chaps and riding gloves supplied by the concierge and go horseback riding.
Martin Weber for The Wall Street Journal Estancia El Colibr í is situated about an hour from C ó rdoba down a twisting dirt road.
Martin Weber for The Wall Street Journal According to the estancia, this part of Argentina is renowned for having the best dove hunting in the world.
Martin Weber for The Wall Street Journal Rates at the hotel start from $440 a night, visit estanciaelcolibri. com.
Martin Weber for The Wall Street Journal Fresh greens are picked from the hotel's vegetable garden.
Martin Weber for The Wall Street Journal El Colibr í 's gauchos-in-residence teach the guests how to steer the horse and swing a 4-foot-long polo mallet.
Former Minnesota Rep. Vin Weber had the key quote in the New York magazine piece:
David Weber is author of the New York Times best-selling Honor Harrington novels, as well as a mind-boggling array of other books.
Terry Weber is a retired advertising/direct mail sales letter copywriter and inventor of several useful items.
I certainly think that David Weber is a much underated writer and would put him up for any and every award, but as with Drake, I think (hope) he has many many years and many many works ahead of him.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.