American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Wells, Henry 1805-1878. American delivery-company operator who founded the American Express Company (1850) and organized Wells, Fargo and Company (1852) with William Fargo.
- Wells, H(erbert) G(eorge) 1866-1946. British writer. Particularly known for his science-fiction novels, such as The Time Machine (1895) and The War of the Worlds (1898), he also wrote popular accounts of history and science.
- Wells, Ida Bell 1862-1931. American journalist and reformer who campaigned nationwide against lynching and founded the Negro Fellowship League in 1910.
- n. A small cathedral city in Somerset, England; the smallest city in England.
- n. A topographic surname for someone living near a well or a spring.
- n. prolific English writer best known for his science-fiction novels; he also wrote on contemporary social problems and wrote popular accounts of history and science (1866-1946)
“The first of two relief wells is getting close and should intercept the well around the end of July, with the bottom-kill taking anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, Wells said.”
“The two wells should hook up between Aug. 13 and Aug. 15, Wells said.”
“The effort to drill relief wells was moving ahead of schedule, Wells said Sunday.”
“The first of those wells has another 30 feet to drill before inserting pipe and preparing to intercept the blown-out well by the end of July, Wells said.”
“WELLS - Garrett S. Herman, 21, Wells, was reportedly injured when his 2001 Volkswagon PC rolled over on state Highway 22 a mile north of Beauford at 3: 33 a.m. Sunday.”
“WELLS - Authorities are investigating the discovery of a human skull and a cauldron found in a trash bin the northeastern Nevada community of Wells.”
“I have seen a few Orson wells films, and have not liked any of them, and I think a boring script, and bad preformance from Wells brings this film down.”
“WELLS CATHEDRAL: LIBRARY OVER CLOISTER .... .122 Photo by T.W. PHILLIPS, Wells”
“Another member of the audience asked about predatory lending, particularly what he called Wells Fargo "ghetto loans.”
Looking for tweets for Wells.