from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Wilkins, Sir George Hubert 1888-1958. Australian explorer and aviator who was the first to explore the Arctic by air (1928).
- Wilkins, Maurice Hugh Frederick 1916-2004. British biophysicist. He shared the 1962 Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for advances in the study of DNA.
- Wilkins, Roy 1901-1981. American civil rights leader. Long associated with the NAACP, he asserted that racial equality should be achieved through the democratic process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States civil rights leader (1901-1981)
- n. English biochemist who helped discover the structure of DNA (1916-2004)
- n. Australian who was the first to explore the Arctic by airplane (1888-1958)
From Middle English Wilkin, from Will , diminutive of William, + -kin, small. (Wiktionary)