from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Willard, Emma Hart 1787-1870. American educator who was an early proponent of higher education for women.
- Willard, Frances Elizabeth Caroline 1839-1898. American reformer. An ardent advocate of temperance and women's suffrage, she was the national president of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union (1879-1898).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. A male given name of mostly American usage. Partly transferred back from the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States advocate of temperance and women's suffrage (1839-1898)
- n. United States educator who was an early campaigner for higher education for women (1787-1870)
WILLARD, Mo -- Education was a focal point this Saturday in Willard with a ribbon cutting for the new, more spacious library
Dean Willard is running in the 5th Legislative District, not the 5th Congressional District.
Greg Willard is Mark Wunderlich's illegitimate child.
WHAT WENT RIGHT: Kevin Willard was chosen the MAAC Coach of the Year by his fellow coaches.
THE BAD NEWS: Coach Kevin Willard turned things around in New Rochelle, N.Y., going 45-49 in three seasons, including a 21 wins this season.
-- Iona coach Kevin Willard used 11 starters, but the key move was inserting G Rashon Dwight into the starting lineup early on, the change helping the Gaels get hot.
Kevin Willard, son of Ralph Willard, was hired as Gonzalez replacement.
-- Kevin Willard spent three seasons coaching at Iona and was the MAAC coach of the year last season, turning around what was a 2-28 team three years ago to earn a 21-10 mark in his third season.
Captain Willard (Martin Sheen) hitches a lift on a Navy patrol boat up the Mekong river to Cambodia on a mission to terminate "with extreme prejudice" a certain Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando) who is reported to have gone native in rather a nasty way.
Willard is extremely talented with micro art and his unique creations will be remembered as national treasures.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.