from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A district of southern Greater London, England. It is the site of a major annual tennis tournament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A borough of London
- proper n. The Wimbledon Championships, a prestigious tennis tournament
- proper n. Wimbledon F.C., a former football club that represented the London borough; the club's corporate successor is Milton Keynes Dons.
- proper n. AFC Wimbledon, a football club founded by supporters of the original Wimbledon F.C. as a response to that club's move to Milton Keynes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a suburb of London and the headquarters of the club where annual international tennis championships are played on grass courts
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Saw him first in "Wimbledon", and thought he was amazing in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe".
He called Wimbledon the "holy grail" of the sport and his primary goal each year.
Signals, the first 3 months was spent in Wimbledon Common training.
Lost 6-1, 6-0 in Wimbledon semifinals to Venus Williams. ...
In another project in Wimbledon by cellarmakers Smith and Taylor (www. smithandtaylor.com), the £ 100,000 room contains a bespoke humidor and a section dedicated entirely to Dom P é rignon, with bottles that appear to be floating, suspended on metal cradles, framed on either side by shelving specifically designed to store them in their original coffret (gift boxes).
Venus will face Serena in Wimbledon final for 4th time - USATODAY. com
Venus will face Serena in Wimbledon final for 4th time
New Slam king: Federer stops Roddick in Wimbledon classic - USATODAY. com
Roddick impressive, memorable in Wimbledon defeat - USATODAY. com
Serena Williams defeated her sister to win Wimbledon on Saturday.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.