American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A borough of west-central England on the Severn River south-southwest of Birmingham. Oliver Cromwell and the Parliamentarian army gained their final victory over Charles II and the Scottish army here on September 3, 1651. Population: 94,000.
- A city of central Massachusetts west of Boston. It is a commercial, industrial, and educational center. Population: 175,000.
- A trademark used for a fine porcelain made in Worcester, England.
- Worcester, Joseph Emerson 1784-1865. American lexicographer. The publication of his Comprehensive Pronouncing and Explanatory Dictionary of the English Language (1830) brought charges of plagiarism from Noah Webster and started the battle known as the "Dictionary War.”
- n. United States lexicographer who was accused of plagiarism by Noah Webster (1784-1865)
- n. an industrial and university city in central Massachusetts to the west of Boston
- n. a cathedral city in west central England on the River Severn
“Frenchmen ioifullie receiued of the Welsh rebels, [Sidenote: The suburbs of worcester burnt.] and so when all things were prepared, they passed by Glamorganshire towards Worcester, and there burnt the suburbes: but hearing of the kings approch, they suddenlie returned towards Wales.”
“[The trumpet sounds] [Enter WORCESTER and VERNON] How now, my Lord of Worcester!”
“WORCESTER - Workers are scheduled to start chopping down thousands of trees in Worcester in the battle to eradicate the destructive Asian longhorned beetle from the region.”
“WORCESTER - Worcester police are trying to piece together the events that led to the fatal shooting of a 25-year-old man at an after-hours party.”
“WORCESTER - Jeff Greene, a flamboyant real estate magnate and billionaire investor who grew up in Worcester, is pursuing an eleventh-hour bid to acquire the Telegram & Gazette, the president of his Coral Gables, Fla. -based investment company said yesterday.”
“WORCESTER - Massachusetts is getting nearly $4.5 million in federal stimulus money to replace trees cut down in the battle to eradicate the Asian longhorned beetle in the Worcester area.”
“WORCESTER - The owner of a Worcester warehouse where six firefighters died a decade ago says he prays for the victims twice a day.”
“WORCESTER - Worcester police are investigating a fatal stabbing in the city.”
“WORCESTER - A Worcester woman is scheduled to face a judge to answer charges that she killed her pregnant friend and cut the baby from her womb.”
“WORCESTER - Billionaire real estate magnate and Worcester native Jeff Greene is reported among those interested in buying the Telegram & Gazette from its owner, The”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Worcester’.
"A trademark is any word, name, symbol, or design, or any combination thereof, used in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from those of another and to indi...
Looking for tweets for Worcester.