from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Wyatt, Sir Thomas 1503-1542. English diplomat and poet noted for introducing the sonnet form into English literature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
- proper n. A male given name, modern transferred use of the surname.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English architect (1746-1813)
- n. English poet who introduced the sonnet form to English literature (1503-1542)
From an Old English personal name from wīg ("war") + heard ("hard, brave"), later also used as a Middle English diminutive of the names Guy and William. (Wiktionary)