from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Yale, Elihu 1649-1721. Colonial-born English merchant and philanthropist who made a series of contributions to the Collegiate School in Connecticut, which was renamed in Yale's honor (1718).
- MountYale A peak, 4,329.8 m (14,196 ft) high, in the Sawatch Range of the Rocky Mountains in central Colorado.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A university in the eastern United States.
- proper n. A set of romanisation schemes for Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, and Korean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English philanthropist who made contributions to a college in Connecticut that was renamed in his honor (1649-1721)
- n. a university in Connecticut
Sorry, no etymologies found.