from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the shape of a needle: acicular crystals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Needle-shaped; slender like a needle or bristle.
- adj. Having sharp points like needles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Needle-shaped; slender like a needle or bristle, as some leaves or crystals; also, having sharp points like needles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the shape of a slender needle or stout bristle; having a sharp point like a needle: as, an acicular prism, like those of stibnite; an acicular bill, as that of a humming-bird. Other forms are aciculate, aciculated, aciculiform, and aciculine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. narrow and long and pointed; as pine leaves
Latin acicula. (Wiktionary)