from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A physical or mental disorder, especially a mild illness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which ails one; a disease; sickness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Indisposition; morbid affection of the body; -- not applied ordinarily to acute diseases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Disease; indisposition; morbid affection of the body: not ordinarily applied to acute diseases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
From ail + -ment (Wiktionary)