from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no air.
- adj. Lacking fresh air; stuffy.
- adj. Lacking movement of air; still.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking or being without air.
- adj. Lacking air circulation.
- adj. With air that is stale.
- adj. Suffering from asphyxia.
- adj. stifling; dead; lacking vitality or excitement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not open to a free current of air; wanting fresh air, or communication with the open air.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not open to a free current of air; wanting fresh air or communication with open air.
- Without air; devoid of atmosphere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking fresh air
air + -less (Wiktionary)