from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The planting and care of woody plants, especially trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of horticulture concerned with the planting and growth of trees
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The cultivation of trees and shrubs, chiefly for timber or for ornamental purposes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cultivation of trees; the art of planting, training, pruning, and cultivating trees and shrubs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cultivation of tree for the production of timber
Sorry, no etymologies found.