from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The rank or office of an archdeacon.
- n. The district or residence of an archdeacon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office of an archdeacon, or the term of that office
- n. The residence, or territorial jurisdiction of an archdeacon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The district, office, or residence of an archdeacon. See benefice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office, rank, jurisdiction, or residence of an archdeacon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the territorial jurisdiction of an archdeacon
Sorry, no etymologies found.