Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, one of a number of spores united together in the form of string of beads, formed by fission, and characteristic of various low fungi and algæ.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bacteriol.) A bacterial resting cell, -- formerly considered a spore, but now known to occur even in endosporous bacteria.
- n. one of the small conidia occurring arranged in chains in certain fungi. Called also
- n. a body that resembles a spore but is not an endospore; produced by some bacteria
- n. one of a string of thick walled vegetative resting cells formed by some algae and fungi
“An arthrospore, however, is not a true spore but merely an ordinary vegetative cell which separates and passes into a condition of rest, and such may occur in forms which form endospores, _e. g.”
‘arthrospore’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for arthrospore.