from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of ashlar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A block of building-stone, rough as it is brought from the quarry; such stones collectively.
- n. In masonry, a squared stone, as distinguished from a stone which is of irregular shape; such stones collectively.
- n. Masonry constructed of ashler.
- n. In carpentry, studding or furring used to cut off the angle at the floor in a garret, so that the room inclosed will have a vertical wall of some height.
Sorry, no etymologies found.