from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of atheism or atheists.
- adj. Inclined to atheism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to atheists or atheism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, implying, or containing, atheism; -- applied to things.
- adj. Disbelieving the existence of a God; impious; godless; -- applied to persons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of atheists; involving, containing, or tending to atheism: as, atheistic doctrines or beliefs; an atheistic tendency.
- Denying the existence of God; godless; impious: applied to persons: as, “atheistic gainsayers,” Ray, Works of Creation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. related to or characterized by or given to atheism
- adj. rejecting any belief in gods
Sorry, no etymologies found.