from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To side with the Athenians.
- intransitive v. To use the Attic idiom or style; to conform to the customs or modes of thought of the Athenians.
- transitive v. To conform or make conformable to the language, customs, etc., of Attica.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To use Atticisms or idioms peculiar to Attic Greek.
- To favor or side with the Athenians. Dean Smith.
- To make conformable to the language or idiom of Attica.
- Also spelled Atticise.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.