from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of bait.
- n. A bloodsport involving the act of worrying or tormenting a chained or confined animal by setting dogs upon it.
- n. The act of luring, as into a trap.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. harassment, especially of a tethered animal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of worrying a chained or confined animal with dogs.
- n. The act of worrying and harassing; persistent annoyance.
- n. The act of halting on a journey for rest and food for either man or beast.
- n. The act of furnishing a trap, hook, etc., with bait.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. harassment especially of a tethered animal
Sorry, no etymologies found.