from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dearly loved.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. loved
- n. someone who is loved; something that is loved
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Greatly loved; dear to the heart.
- n. One greatly loved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Loved; greatly loved; dear to the heart.
- n. One who is greatly loved; one very dear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dearly loved
- n. a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
Middle English biloved, past participle of beloven, to love : bi-, be- + loven, to love; see love.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)