American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Ready and willing to accept bloodshed or to resort to violence: "forging alliances with bloody-minded tyrants” ( Lewis H. Lapham).
- adj. Chiefly British Perversely cantankerous: "The . . . unions . . . have never been as bloody-minded about demarcation as the shipbuilders” ( Spectator).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a cruel, ferocious disposition; barbarous; inclined to shed blood.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having a cruel, ferocious disposition; bloodthirsty.
- adj. marked by eagerness to resort to violence and bloodshed
- adj. stubbornly obstructive and unwilling to cooperate
“This was no bloody-minded rebel screaming for the heads of his enemies but an honest farmer forced to take up arms to defend his country.”
“Look, the question is, are you interested in--is your idea of victory being creating an international consensus, or is it getting rid of this bloody-minded dictator, who has tyrannized his people for 42 years and set an example for the rest of the Arab world?”
“Also, you have to admire the bloody-minded preserverence of the folks over there at 97-100 "AAAAA" s.”
“Enter the Lords, bloody-minded and hellbent on mischief”
“Because thepolice were involved in the kidnapping disaster, and becausethe man in charge, Lawson, was subsequently imprisonedfor murder (a previous case of Karen's, though I don't think that this has been recorded in a book), and because he's bloody-minded and arrogant, Grant is keen to keep the police out of it this time round.”
“It named the Tigers "terrorists" in 2006, while tacitly supporting the equally bloody-minded Sri Lankan government.”
“The bloody-minded, phrase manifest, here, Last Stands having mediastisized.”
“But grime wouldn't be grime without being "on a hype ting", or lunatic, bloody-minded optimism, as others might put it.”
“Gadhafi's downfall could prompt international pressure for "far stronger action against the even more bloody-minded Assad regime and its continued depredations," said Wayne White, a scholar at the Middle East Institute in Washington and a former senior State Department intelligence official.”
“He won in every conceivable manner, using guile, organizational skill, brute force and bloody-minded courage.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bloody-minded’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for bloody-minded.