from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An official list of persons in the employ of the U.S. government.
- n. A book listing the names of socially prominent people.
- n. A blank notebook with blue covers in which to write the answers to examination questions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A parliamentary publication, so called from its blue paper covers.
- The United States official “Biennial Register.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blue booklet used in universities for writing examinations
- n. a report published by the British government; bound in blue
- n. a register of persons who are socially prominent
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.