from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. New England & Central Atlantic U.S. Thick, soured milk eaten with cream and sugar, honey, or molasses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sour, soured, fermented or curdled milk; acidophilus milk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Coagulated sour milk; loppered milk; curdled milk; -- sometimes called simply clabber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Milk that is turned or has become thick in the process of souring.
- n. A drink made of beer and buttermilk or soured cream.
Irish Gaelic bainne clabair : bainne, milk (from Middle Irish, drop, milk, from Old Irish bannae, drop) + probably clabair, genitive of clabar, dasher of a churn.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)