American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various irregularly coiled helical spirochetes of the genus Borrelia, some species of which cause relapsing fever in humans, other mammals, and birds.
- n. Any of various helically coiled spirochetes, of the genus Borrelia, some of which cause relapsing fever.
- n. cause of e.g. European and African relapsing fever
- For Amédée Borrel, French bacteriologist (Wiktionary)
- New Latin, after Amédée Borrel (1867-1936), French bacteriologist. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“But while you in particular claim to read the articles, you also admit that you had never heard of ACA, and if you've never heard of ACA, then I can conclude that while you may read SOME articles on Lyme, you haven't read many, and I assure you that there really are plenty of scientific articles that show the hardiness of borrelia and their ability to survive 30 days of doxy.”
“I'm sure you know that the CDC requires what, five bands positive for Lyme for reporting purposes, but when I asked about the discrepancy he told me that bands 58 and 93 are specific to Lyme, and irrespective of the CDC reporting requirements, I simply wouldn't be positive for those bands unless I had borrelia floating around.”
“December 18th, 2006 at 7:25 pm borrelia garinii says:”
“I think it is right to tell people to accept responsibility for themselves, but wrong to not provide at least a modicum of resources with which to help themselves and in turn develop a sense of responsibility, as borrelia garinii pointed out.”
“I see that ignorance – if not outright mendacity – continues to prevail among paul, borrelia garinii, juan c and others.”
“December 19th, 2006 at 12:38 am borrelia garinii says:”
“I think borrelia garinii was also being sarcastic at least I hope so.”
“December 18th, 2006 at 7:45 pm borrelia garinii says:”
“December 19th, 2006 at 1:16 am borrelia garinii says:”
“December 19th, 2006 at 12:44 am borrelia garinii says:”
‘borrelia’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for borrelia.