Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In archery, the hand that holds the bow, commonly the left hand.
- n. In music, the hand that draws the bow; a violinist's right hand.
- n. Wrong in one's calculations.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Archery) The hand that holds the bow, i. e., the left hand.
- (Mus.) The hand that draws the bow, i. e., the right hand.
“The sweet old Amati! the divine Stradivari! played on by ancient maestros until the bow hand lost its power, and the flying fingers stiffened.”
‘bow hand’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for bow hand.