from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavily padded leather mitten worn for boxing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A padded mitten, designed to protect the hand while punching, and worn in boxing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a large padded mitten or glove used in sparring for exercise or amusement.
- n. See under Boxing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A padded glove used in sparring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. boxing equipment consisting of big and padded coverings for the fists of the fighters; worn for the sport of boxing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.