from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group of experts who serve, usually unofficially, as advisers and policy planners, especially in a government.
- n. Such a group associated with the administration of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the development of the New Deal.
- n. Chiefly British A group of experts gathered to discuss issues informally in public, especially on radio or television.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Originally, a group of experts who advise a government, often informally.
- n. More recently, any group of experts assembled to give advice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inner circle of unofficial advisors to the head of a government
Originally a group of academics who advised President Franklin D. Roosevelt. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.