Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of gridiron for smoking meat.
- n. A place where meat is smoked.
- n. In the West Indies, a place where coffee or cocoa is dried. Ill.
- n. Also bocan, boucan.
- To cut into long pieces, salt, and smoke on a bucan, as beef: a mode of preserving meat formerly practised by the Caribs and afterward by Europeans in the West Indies. Also boucan.
- n. Meat prepared on a bucan.
“A French suffix accounts for part of buccaneer, which derives from buccan (or bucan or boucan), a French version of the Tupí makem, meaning a wooden frame for roasting, smoking, or drying meat over a fire.”
‘bucan’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for bucan.