from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a puckered or blistered appearance: bullate leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling a bulla or blister; inflated; blistered; bulliform.
- adj. Of bacterial cultures, having a a growth which is blistered; rising in convex prominences.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Appearing as if blistered; inflated; puckered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having elevations like blisters.
- In pathology, blistered.
- In anatomy, inflated; vaulted; ventricous; fornicated and with thin walls: as, a bullate tympanic bone (that is, one forming a bulla ossea).
- In zoology, having the surface covered with irregular and slight elevations, giving a blistered appearance.
- To bubble or boil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of leaves; appearing puckered as if blistered
Latin bullātus, from bulla, bubble.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)