from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To extinguish due to lack of fuel.
- v. To tire due to overwork.
- v. To make (someone) unavailable for work involving exposure to ionizing radiation by employing (the person) in such work until the person's accumulated exposure reaches the maximum permitted for an administrative period, typically a year.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To burn till the fuel is exhausted.
- intransitive v. To stop functioning due to failure of some component caused by the heat of the electrical current used in its operation; -- of electrical devices.
- intransitive v. To become apathetic or depressed, and cease to function effectively, due to the fatigue and frustration of prolonged stress and overwork; -- of people.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The melting of a wire or other electric conductor by an electric current of too great quantity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. melt, break, or become otherwise unusable
Sorry, no etymologies found.