Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mold for stamping butter into blocks, prints, or pats. Also called butter-stamp.
- n. The Indian mallow, Abutilon Abutilon. The name alludes to the large round seed-capsule, which is neatly marked above with radiating furrows. Also called
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a piece of carved wood used to mark pats of butter; -- called also
- n. tall annual herb or subshrub of tropical Asia having velvety leaves and yellow flowers and yielding a strong fiber; naturalized in SE Europe and US.
- n. tall annual herb or subshrub of tropical Asia having velvety leaves and yellow flowers and yielding a strong fiber; naturalized in southeastern Europe and United States
“After this "smiting" is over, it is put on a butter-print, and pressed with the hands till it is considered to have received the impression.”
“Scald your butter-print with boiling water, and immediately immerse it in cold water.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘butter-print’.
Looking for tweets for butter-print.