from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing or implying calumny; slanderous or defamatory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. possessing the traits of calumny
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing or implying calumny; false, malicious, and injurious to reputation; slanderous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Using calumny; containing or implying calumny; injurious to reputation; slanderous: as, “calumnious knave,” ; “calumnious mis-statements,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
From Late Latin calumniōsus. (Wiktionary)