American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The amount by which proceeds from the sale of a capital asset exceed the original cost.
- n. economics An increase in the value of a capital asset
- n. business, finance An amount by which the value or the proceeds of the sale of a capital asset by its owner exceed its cost to the owner.
- n. the amount by which the selling price of an asset exceeds the purchase price; the gain is realized when the asset is sold
- capital + gain (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘capital gain’.
n. an exchange where security trading is conducted by professional stockbrokers
Looking for tweets for capital gain.